Protection of personal data through GDPR
BLAKE & ERNST LIMITED is committed to respecting our clients' privacy through GDPR. Based in E18, South Woodford, South London we serve our customers across London.
What is GDPR?
The GDPR is the new legal framework for personal data coming into effect across the European Union on the 25 May 2018. EU Regulations have direct effect in all EU Member States, meaning the GDPR will take precedence over any national laws. There is no planned grace period. The GDPR’s focus is the protection of personal data, i.e. data about individuals. In fact, GDPR is one of the biggest shake-ups ever seen, affecting how data relating to an individual should be handled – impacting not just companies but any individual, corporation, public authority, agency or other body that processes the personal data of individuals based in the EU. This includes suppliers a company might utilise to process personal data. It has a surprisingly extensive scope, including all Member States of the European Union along with the UK post-Brexit in 2019, as the GDPR will also be incorporated into UK law. Unlike the EU Directive 95/46 on data protection, the GDPR also affects any companies outside of the EU that offer goods or services to individuals in the EU, or that monitor their behaviour within the EU. For example, website hosting companies in the US that host sites accessible by individuals in the EU are directly affected. The GDPR has massive implications for every department of many businesses worldwide. Some might need to employ or assign a Data Protection Officer, for example. Nearly all will need to put in place additional practices and safeguards. An audit by a suitably-qualified individual is highly recommended. And, with the prospect of incurring fines – up to 4% of annual turnover or €20 million, whichever is greater – knowledge of the GDPR should be considered mandatory.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is BLAKE & ERNST LIMITED of 35 Berkeley Square, Mayfair, London, W1J 5BF BLAKE & ERNST LIMITED is committed to respecting our client’s privacy and protecting your information from misuse or authorised disclosure and complying with privacy laws. BLAKE & ERNST LIMITED values its reputation and aims to maintain high ethical standards in the conduct of our business affairs. This client agreement notice explains how we use any personal information we collect from you when you enter into a contractual agreement with us to provide accountancy services.
About this document
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
- Contact information, including email addresses, telephone numbers and postal addresses.
- Records of communications and interactions we have had with you.
- Financial information.
Why we use personal or business data
BLAKE & ERNST LIMITED is a Professional Services company, specialising in the business area of Accountancy and provides the following services: We process personal information to enable us to provide accounting, auditing and related services, to maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our employees. Specifically,
- VAT filing
- Management accounts
- Periodic accounts reviews
- Preparation and filing of annual accounts
- Preparation and filing of annual tax returns
- Company secretarial services
- Payroll processing
- Company pension processing
- Profit improvement
- Personal and business tax planning
- Business start-up advice
- Business disposals
- Business retirement strategies
Who Processes the Data We Collect (Who is the recipients of your data?)
We will store and process your data following industry best practice and security. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that there are appropriate arrangements in place that includes provisions covering the appropriate secure transfer, handling and processing of the personal information by those entities and third parties. Where processing takes place by one of our trusted data processors, we ensure that our contracts with those 3rd parties contain the appropriate GDPR model clauses and that all our 3rd parties are also compliant with the GDPR, this affords your data the same protection away from our organisation, as it does within it.
Our engagement with you.
The information we collect and process to prepare and submit accounts and reference is required for us to be able to perform our engagement obligations. Should you fail to provide this information and record as required, we would not be able to deliver under the terms of our engagement with you.
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell your personal data. We may share your personal or business data with third party if you ask us to do so.
SHow long your information is kept
We keep your personal or business data only for 6 years. We keep your contact information until we consider there is no need to provide administrative or consultancy support or until you request it to be erased. Individual rights – and informing people about them Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal or business data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal or business data we hold about you or business and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal or business data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal or business data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal or business data where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal or business data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal or business data in particular ways, including processing based on the lawful basis of legitimate interests and direct marketing. BLAKE & ERNST LIMITED does not use your or business data for direct marketing.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal or business data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal or business data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal or business data to yourself or another party in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability, for example in a format that is structured, commonly used, and machine-readable Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. Further details regarding these rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website:- https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Contact and complaints
Business Name: Blake & Ernst
Address: 35 Berkeley Square, Mayfair, London, W1J 5BF
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website:- https://ico.org.uk/
- I have read and understood the Client Agreement Notice at the end of this contract as it relates to the service being provided by Blake & Ernst Limited
- I understand that the personal data I provide is for the performance of a contract to provide tax return
- I understand that my rights and freedoms concerning my personal data are upheld by Blake & Ernst Limited
- I have been informed about what data is being collected, what happens to it, who has access to it and how long it is kept for.
- I have been informed about my rights with respect to the data being held and know how to exercise my rights as explained by Blake & Ernst Limited.
- I understand that my right to erasure (to have my personal data removed), for this service, preparation of accounts and completing tax return is overruled by the legal obligation of Blake & Ernst Limited to retain the data.
- I understand that if I do not agree with my personal data being collected for this service preparation of accounts and tax returns that Blake & Ernst Limited is unable to provide this service